Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Too many bugs, too little punctuation

Here's a question just came in to the column, and I have to share it with somebody so you're it.  You tell me -- what do I answer?
I am in need of help I'm living in a house with bedbugs I lived there for 6 months no Furinture then purchased furniture then threw out three garbage bags of food because of mice still paying rent I'm on a 1 year lease don't want an eviction on my record contacted health Dept net office and housing council no help drained dry stressed out have four children not sleeping because of this unfortunate lived at another address house got vandalized frames of Windows were broken no help can u referred me what I should do no rent controlled property's in new York not sure where to turn dealt with bed bugs before only good thing landlord let me break the lease not the case now

 Sounds as if she has already tried her local Health Department, which is what I would have advised...I'm stumped. 

2 comments:

  1. Legal aid at local law school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poor lady has more problems than any of us can help her with, I'm afraid. Avi's advice is a good start. But I think that what she really needs is for our current society to be jacked up and a new and better one run in under it. A shame that this isn't likely to happen under any current scenario.

    ReplyDelete