Monday, October 13, 2014

Answer to Comment

In case you don't read the comments --
First response to the post about my war-time job as a teen-aged journalist asked -- was my job taken over by a man when the war ended?  And my immediate reaction was
"Who even noticed?"  We were all so eager to make up for the four years we'd lost, most of us couldn't wait to get married.  Where do you think all you baby boomers came from? and why the 1950s were so contentedly suburban?.  My recollection is hazy, but I believe the Feminist Movement didn't raise our consciousness (mine anyhow) until those babies started leaving the nest.

Pink was Big in the '50s.

1 comment:

  1. None the less, there must have been some women who were sorry to get booted out of their jobs and sent back to the kitchen? (I probably would have been one of them!) CMS

    ReplyDelete