Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Multi-Tasked Meds

So today I got a refill on all my meds.  And while I was picking up the prescriptions, I invested in 13 of these weekly pill holders.  Now I have 26, the new transparent ones for morning pills, the older collection of various colors (some were Norm’s) for evening pills.  It’s something I’ve been thinking about —avoiding daily fuss (and mistakes)  by portioning out the whole 90 days in advance.

Before
I moved the operation to the kitchen table so I could keep the tv on.  I know, I know, but it’s an extremely boring job.  When I was a kid we were scolded for listening to the radio while you’re doing your homework.  Now, of course, it’s dignified by the appellation multi-tasking.

After
        The whole thing took an hour and 15 minutes, and I feel luxuriously rich with everything all set for the next 13 weeks.  This avoids any danger of medication mix-ups.
        Unless of course I made some error here. 
        In which case I’ll have 90 days of mistakes.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant investment of multi-tasking time!
    I used to do John's pills on Saturdays, using a 28-compartment box, for he had four medicine times each day.

    ReplyDelete