Edith and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week
Actually, I’m perfectly cheerful. Wotthehell ! But you know – I'd love to list everything that’s happened since Monday. And this blog is, after all, supposed
to be about Being Old. So
* First thing Monday morning, the white electric car wouldn’t
start. Lots of back-and-forthing with
the service department and it’s still dead five days later.
* Monday -- Doctor said yes, as I suspected, I'd had a TIA mini-stroke
* Backed little yellow car into post while leaving doctor’s parking
lot (you don’t want to see that rear end.) Won’t be able to have scrapes fixed till electric car
useable. (see above)
* Googled TIA on Internet, where first four sites all
said “one in three go on to have a stroke” – one site added helpfully
“within a year.” Decided not to look at
any more sites.
* At audiologist's, ldropped off right hearing aid to be sent out for
* At dermatologist's (see below)
discovered left hearing aid had fallen out somewhere. Conversation muffled.
* Called audiologist and heard with difficulty over the phone that hearing aid insurance
* At library, was told I never returned that book I cannot
find. Also owed $9.35 overdue charges.
* At dentist’s office told appointment no good, protocol changed yet again, must prepare with antibiotics (re old hip replacement),
pick up prescription, come back next week.
* Had not one but two of those migraine auras or whatever you
call them. They’re not all that
irritating but they make this list more impressive so I’m including them.
* Friday, today, had three pre-cancerous thingies removed from face. Will I look human by Thanksgiving? ( latest
count is 21 for dinner.)
* Yesterday suddenly couldn’t breathe, throat abruptly closed up, first laryngeal
spasm I've had since the summer. As usual,
thought I was going to die. As usual,
* So that was good. And
it’s only Friday. Stay tuned.