Monday, April 25, 2016

Cigarettes and Cheese

A web site just now asked me to establish a security q&a: --
What was your favorite tv show when you were a child? 
First off, I was married and already a mother before I ever saw a live television screen -- which, as I think I told you before, was on a set facing out in a store window. We stood out on the  sidewalk to watch some b&w dancing cigarettes.
And then again, the way things are going right now I'm not sure I could remember a show even if I had watched tv as a child. 
My son has a friend who answers all security questions with the same word.  It might be "cheese" -- or then again it might not (see failing memory complaint above.)  At any rate, that's what has just become my favorite tv show.  Also the city where my father and mother were married.  Also my sixth-grade teacher's name.
                                              Cheese.

3 comments:

  1. With a Capital 'C'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole online password/security question mess is enough to make anybody get cheesy. Re: passwords, I'm starting to run out of permutations of names and numbers that meant something decades ago--and random strings of numbers and letters don't cut the mustard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh don't get me started on passwords for websites. It's one thing if there's payment involved because you want your credit card info safe. But demanding that you register just to view something is a bit much.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete