Friday, August 23, 2013

Important Secret

Hold on -- I just remembered something important that I failed to mention last February when I told you about the Little Orphan Annie Secret Decoder pin.  Almost the most important Secret, too.  How could I have forgotten?
You may remember that we couldn't afford to buy Ovaltine, but the radio program promised to send me a pin anyhow, if I submitted a reasonable facsimile of the label.  And yes, when I solved the cryptic messages sent at the end of each episode, they turned out to be pretty dumb. But -- here's the exciting part -- the badge had a Secret Compartment large enough to hold a penny or a Secret Message. 
That was only 78 years ago-- how could something so exciting slip my mind?  
          Guess I really am getting forgetful in my old age. 

No comments:

Post a Comment