Friday, August 23, 2019

My son Dov is still here, and he suggests posting that farewell note I wrote at 2 am a couple of weeks ago. The local paper, the Democrat & Chronicle, used it as the final column, and it brought me a dozen or so gratifying emails (one, if I remember right, compared me to God? I can't be remembering that right).
Of course first I have to find that farewell note, and I have no idea how to.  Stay tuned.
Aha!  Dov says he just sent it to me as an email (I can still handle email) ...

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/marketplace/real-estate/2019/06/14/edith-lank-hangs-up-her-real-estate-column-after-nearly-44-year/1457007001/

I would point out, now that you realize I'm as far behind the times, computer-wise, as anyone my age, that somewhere around 1984 or so I was a computer pioneer.  Those first computers cost a fortune -- in 1984 dollars at that -- and they kept improving them so fast that I kept replacing them -- but somewhere along the line it all got ahead of me.

Well, anyhow, Dov says you'll find the final column at that address.
I thought that the syndicate didn't run it --  But yesterday I received a postcard from Washington!

Have a nice day.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great column Edith. Yes, we are living in a different world--not always for the better. It's hard to describe the importance that a newspaper played in our lives to someone whose world is encompassed by a small, glowing screen. Keep up your blog postings, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your farewell column. Your wise perspective is a gift to many!

    ReplyDelete